3.04.2009

Sushi Cam

Many of the restaurants here in China have lazy susans, since eating here is usually 'family style'. Trays with wheels are natural fun for video geeks like myself. If I have my camera with me, and there's a lazy susan around, I'll usually prop it up on a chopstick holder and get some fun shots of people around the table. This idea is more fun though- placing the camera on a Sushi conveyer belt in Japan. Very creative, the reactions from the unsuspecting diners (and kitchen staff) are quite fun.



Link via Boing Boing

Update: Anonymous writes in to translate what the waiter is saying in the end- he's explaining to the kitchen staff that the camera belongs to the foreigners.

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ah that's hilarious and a brilliant idea.
    it's funny. the dishwasher towards the end said, "it's the foreigner's"
    dsgran said...
    That's great! Thanks for translating, I'll update the post.
    Leslie Gates said...
    I think that is absolutely fabulous. It is also a joy to see the way kids react compared to adults--kids are so much less skeptical!
    KM said...
    Ah...the fun of lazy susan's and cameras...I remember seeing some once seventh graders do it...problem was, the camera could not stop flying away. But that might have to do with the speed at which they spun the thing at...
    dsgran said...
    Good thing I didn't know that before I let you check out the cameras from school KM! ; )

Post a Comment