5.31.2005

Diorama-A-Rama

When I was a kid, my grandfather used to take me to the Museum of Natural History in Philadelphia to see the dioramas of animals in their habitats. I think I've always had a soft spot for them ever since, and would love to do a diorama lesson again soon (if I can figure out the best way to include it in a video curriculum). Mars Tokyo's Teeny Theaters would be one of the examples that I would use for a this project. These minature theaters are complete with curtains and suggest different themes and stories.

Of course, I'd also show them Joseph Cornell, because, well, how could I not?

Here's the website of Chase Studios, a company that makes dioramas for museums... just in case your students love dioramas so much that they want to make a career of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment