5.13.2006

Open Source Returns!

Its been a while since I posted any good open-source programs for the classroom. I should report, though, that I have integrated blender into my Video III curriculum, and it was quite an exciting challenge! Some of the students felt it was too hard (and because I haven't mastered the program yet myself, I gave them the option of doing an alternate assignment), but some students really took off with the program. They've even gone way beyond what I can do! Stay tuned, I'll post some of their work shortly.

In the meantime, more open-source! Inkscape is a free vector-art program, in the tradition of Adobe Illustrator.




SketchUp is a 3D modeling program that is available in two forms; an easy to use free version, and the more in depth (and less free) SketchUp 5 Pro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment