9.25.2007

Low Tech / High Tech

One of my colleagues came into my office this morning as I was cutting up labels into tiny pieces to affix to a cheap keyboard I bought at the electronics market in downtown Shanghai. He laughed because he's not used to see me go 'low tech'. The irony, of course, is that this low-tech strategy is for a high-tech application. This is my new DIY blender keyboard. I found a handy Blender hot keys map over at Blender Nation and used photoshop and MS Word to create a print out that will work with Avery lables 7162 and 7168. If you'd like to create your own Blender Keyboard- you can print these out yourself.

Download blenderlables(2).doc

I'm told that these cheep-o keyboards are available in the states, but I don't know where to find them. Another alternative is using the keyboard off of an old school computer that's been cycled out (if available- we always seemed to have plenty).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment