10.23.2008

Mammoth Still Life


One of the things I love about the art department at the Shanghai American School is that we all share this great common space in the hallway.  There's art everywhere, in all states of completion.  Students feel comfortable to ask advice of any teacher they can grab, despite whether or not they're in their class.  







The nice thing about this space, besides the fact that it creates a great sense of community in the art department, is that it allows us to break out and work big.  

From day one, I've been wanting to just bust out the biggest still life I could manage.  

So I did.  


1 Comment:

  1. Mrs. Snead said...
    These are beautifful! Bigger is definitly better to give students every posible angle and every posible combination to draw from. I just wish I had the space.

Post a Comment