11.20.2008

Looking Into Classrooms

I'm thouroughly enjoying the new series that Craig Roland is posting on The Art Teacher's Guide to the Internet (at least, I hope its a series), in which he interviews art teachers about their classes. I've 'met' both Kris Fontez and Tricia Fuglestad online - in other words, we've discussed ideas on Art Ed 2.0 and collaborated on the Rotoball Project. I've watched Kris' amazing brick films ("brick films" meaning 'animation created out of legos') and Tricia's wonderful videos. However, seeing them work with their students in action is a real treat. Do check out Craig's posts on them- I'm looking forward to seeing more!


Kris Fontes, Art and Graphic Design Teacher from Craig Roland on Vimeo.

Another thing I really enjoy about these videos is seeing how other teachers' classrooms are layed out, designed, and decorated. I was especially pleased to catch a glimpse of a Dave McKean poster from one of my favorite children's books in Kris' room.


Art at Dryden Elementary School from Craig Roland on Vimeo.

Edit: You can also have a somewhat different sort of peek into Kendra Farrell's IB Art class at their new ning site. There is some just stunning work there (its worth checking out for the banner alone)>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment