10.09.2009

WANT

I'm not ready to call it "geek week" at the revolution... but I'm getting close...


James Gurney, (author of Dinotopia) creates this guide to realistically painting things that you can't get to actually model for you. He describes Imaginative Realism as a guide to flexing your imagination muscle, not a 'how to' book. Furthermore, it sounds like he really breaks ground with new ideas for conceptualizing his ideas... according to Gurney;
Because the art vocabulary in English lacks some words to describe key concepts, I have had to invent several terms such as clustering and shapewelding to describe compositional principles that artists often think about but lack the vocabulary to talk about. You’ll find those terms defined in the glossary in the back of the book.

This looks like something I want on my bookshelves... one at home and one at school.

1 Comment:

  1. KM said...
    WANT TOO!!!*GEEKS OUT*
    *Adds to never-ending want list*

Post a Comment