10.15.2010

My parents are in town visiting my daughter our family this month, and last weekend we took a little trip out to Zhu Jia Jiao, a small water town just outside of Shanghai. Water towns are small villages based around a canal, or series of canals, and being quite scenic, they're popular with tourists. Amaya and I wore our cool new Shark Dog Swag, thanks to Tricia and her Dryden students. Did I mention that he's got laser paint eyes? Yes! We love our shirts.


We found that the small museum in the town was hosting their 'watercolor biennial', and we were shocked to see some huge names in Chinese art represented, as well as an amazing variety of water colors from around the world. Here you can see some of the work, including some details. Unfortunately, some of the work was behind glass and I couldn't get the best pictures, but there is just some amazing stuff here:

2 Comments:

  1. Leslie Gates said...
    I totally relate to the our daughter/my family dynamic.
    dsgran said...
    Oh, I'm just teasing my folks. They're awesome grandparents and are just approaching that new role with a great deal of enthusiasm!

Post a Comment