8.16.2011

Although today isn't marked by any notably arbitrary position of the earth around the sun, it is a new year for us here at SAS, marked by the first day of school. Its notable here for us in the art department, because we have a great new space- dedicated art areas, and an amazing new fourth teacher (who also happens to be my wife). I'll post some pictures of our great new space shortly.

I have to say that I'm particularly proud of my IB Film class who is moving into their second year. Many of them did their own independent work over the summer, and two brought in some pretty fantastic videos, which I'll share with you here.

Gabe and his friends organized a mini 24 hour film challenge for themselves- two groups going toe to toe in an epic film battle - here is his team's entry:



Every year our school sends a number of students to work at the Jacaranda School for AIDS orphans in Malawi. My friend and colleague Robert Burke has done an amazing job over the years raising money and organizing trips to benefit this school. This year, Melissa took a camera and made this beautiful wordless video about her experience there:



We're looking forward to a great year, and I wish all of you great school years as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment