8.27.2012

Microscopic!

I'm so far behind in my posting here, that I've got a few projects from last year that have been waiting in the wings over the summer.  In the second year that we did the microscopic watercolor project with our Foundations students, the results couldn't have been better.  After practicing different water color techniques, we showed them some examples of microscopic photography and asked them to think about something that they are interested in and search for pictures of it on a microscopic level.  For example, if I was doing the project, I might search for a microscopic view of, I don't know, say...  chocolate.  Or maybe coffee?  Then we asked them to create a fully abstract image, or incorporate subjects inspired by their findings into their abstracted images.  Here are their very cool results:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment