11.20.2012

Story

For our IB Film class, I'm always looking for good discussions on what makes a good story.  Because there is no simple answer, I like to try different approaches and pull in as many different ideas as I can.  However, I can't think of anything that captures so much of what makes a good story in so succinct a discussion as Ken Burns does in this short video:


Ken Burns: On Story from Redglass Pictures on Vimeo.

The funny bit is, that after watching this video and thinking about what Burns says in terms of finding a little piece of history and finding the interesting story in it, I finally watched this little clip on the 'real' history of American Gothic that colleagues and friends have all sent me links to - I'm sure other art teachers out there have found this in their respective in-boxes as well.

A little fun for covering art history in your class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment