4.18.2013

Be an Artist Right Now!

I often play TED Talks while my students work.  So, we'll be working on our projects as we listen and look up every once in a while for a visual.  Unfortunately, this one, which is fantastic, won't work for more than half of my students - its in Korean.  However, I offered the foundations class to stop what they were doing and watch this today.

Young-Ha's talk is a great follow up to Ken Robinson's famous talk on creativity.  Rather than focus on educational paradigms, Young-Ha speaks directly to kids and creativity in a very personal and immediate manner.  Stop and watch with your students, it is worth the class time.


As a postscript, the students who do speak Korean confirmed for me that it is not just the language barrier, Young-Ha Kim does indeed talk very fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment