3.20.2007

Work Space

In a recent post I talked about how I've been giving a lot of thought recently to the physicality of the learning environment. That's why I was absolutly fascinated by this blog entitled On My Desk, because it provides a glimpse into the workspace of some of my favorite contemporary artists, illustrators, and cartoonists. Scrolling through the pictures and descriptions on this site, you can see how much of the artists personalities are reflected in their environments. Which makes me reflect on some questions for myself as a teacher. How much do our environments influence our work, and the work of our students? How do we balance the creation of our classroom environments? In other words, how much of a role do we take and how much freedom do we give the students to influence their workspace? Considering how much attention that artists give their own personal workspace, I find that an interesting and important quesiton.

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    I've actually been running a survey on workspaces for the last few months. If any of you are willing to spend 15 minutes (or less) describing your workspaces, visit http://people.clarkson.edu/~johndan/other/workspace/ and fill out the survey—I'd really appreciate it.

Post a Comment