11.16.2007

Rotoball Update

I promise that I have no intention of turning the Carrot Revolution into the "Rotoblog". However, I have to say that I'm pretty excited because I'd been wanting to do turn Rotoaball into a collaborative project since the last time I taught a video class two years ago.

We started work in class today, and I uploaded a few pictures to Flickr.


If your class is working on the Rotoball project, and you'd like to add some photos to our set, grab yourself a free Flickr account, and tag your photos rotoball2008. If you put your school name or location in the photo description, that can help us all see whats happening in our different locations around the world.

Finally, I'm glad to announce the addition of three more schools, Robinson Secondary School in Fairfax, Virginia. Lee Schools in Ft. Myers, Florida and Monarch High School in Coconut Creek, Florida. Welcome all to the game!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Glad to see the ball is bouncing at more schools. As you know, I posted it again to the list serves. I am hoping that is how some of them picked it up.

    Judy
    dsgran said...
    Thanks Judy, I know for sure that at least one was, and have a feeling we can thank you for spreading the word to a few more. Right now we have 8 schools (and a few more who've expressed interest and waiting to hear back). This is a great number to start with for a first crack at the project on this scale!

    I can see that I'll be pretty busy editing this all together come March!
    Anne said...
    Just wanted you to know that I have 2 students who want to try it. Since we only have ONE copy of flash on ONE laptop to pass back and forth, and these two are in separate classes, that is our limit. Our emacs can't handle CS3. Anyone know of any grant money sources for buying new computers, when your school system says "NO WAY!"?

    Anne
    dsgran said...
    Anne- That's so frustrating! BUT- i'm glad to hear that you have some students who'd like to join the project! I'd be happy to add your school to our list. Can you please send me your school name and your email to david.gran@saschina.org?

    Thanks!

    David

Post a Comment