10.10.2009

50 Greatest Animations

I usually find more fun in finding the shocking omissions or ridiculous inclusions of 'top 10' type lists, but I have to say- Time Out's 50 Greatest Animated Films is pretty spot on. No, its not perfect. Maybe because they're all features, they ignore gems like Oskar Fischinger's Early Abstractions, or Don Hertzfeld's Rejected, but also missing is Jan Svankmajer's feature Alice.


That's all good and well, and there are some films they'd included that I wouldn't have but...

... much to my surprise, I actually agree with their top film selection.

2 Comments:

  1. gracelandwest said...
    Did I miss Snow White on here? Sorry, but that truly is the greatest animated film of all time. Also, I hate, hate, hated the Iron Giant (and anything Brad Bird does). I agree with Spirited Away, though...
    dsgran said...
    Snow White is there, and I don't think I've ever actually seen Iron Giant- although I do love the character design.

Post a Comment