10.18.2009

Inspiration

Six revisions suggests 10 Unusual Places to Get Design Inspiration.


Is it just me, or do these places not seem so unusual? Not that these are bad ideas at all; but are any designers really reading this and going "Woah! Yeah- art history, I never thought of that!"

...and you'll forgive me if I'm being a bit snobby, but you can tell the principal to fire me the day I tell my kids to go to the mall for inspiration. Inspiration? I only go to the mall out of desperation.

To be fair though, this is a page for designers, not students, and I really don't know what qualifies as the 'usual' forms of inspiration for designers (although I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with coffee, Kinder Eggs, and watching repeats of Mad Men). For art classes, however, this is actually quite a good list for advanced and IB students who are expected to work independently as they develop their own ideas and themes.

Except for the bit about the malls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment