12.06.2009

2012: Now with More Banjo!

Speaking of movie music...

When I used to teach in New York, every year we'd take a trip to the American Museum of the Moving Image. AMMI is a great museum for learning about film, and being just around the corner from my apartment in Astoria, it was a great neighborhood place for a film geek like myself.

One of the interactive exhibits which I love there, allows you to replace the music in one scene with a soundtrack from another film. It really shows you how music can alter the tone of a scene either subtly or drastically.

Here's a great mashup of 2010 with music from Raising Arizona.



This would be in the 'drastic' category.

I especially like how the banjo's segue into "Ode to Joy" really creates some ironic tension at the end of the scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment