12.03.2009

Music in Film

While I've been away on my paternity leave, I've been super lucky to have my classes covered by my friend and colleague Jeff Thompson. Jeff is a musician and has a great deal of knowledge about audio engineering. I am functionally tone deaf and don't know my treble from my bass.

So while I'm away, the students are getting lots of great information about how to get the best sound recordings, and they're also doing their unit on creating foley sounds.

As serendipity would have it, I just came across this excellent article about how Wes Anderson uses music in his films. It includes clips from his films, including this one from Rushmore, one of my favorites:



I'll have to watch that again to hold me over until I can get to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment