4.09.2007

I just found this interesting article by comic book artist Stuart Immonen about computers and art, namely about how computers have changed the way that he works. He touches on the ethics of borrowing visual information, using a morgue file, and how 3D rendering has changed transformed comic book production.

This is what fascinated me: this sample image was created using Google Sketchup, the same program I mentioned could help you design three dimensional objects to print out using Pepakura and the same program with which I designed my current room.

Such a versatile program - and its both cross-platform and free! Comic book artists use it to find a unique perspective in a space that they've designed - it has the added bonus of keeping track of where everything is in the room as your perspective changes.

This would be great for a project that involved perspective (or multiple perspectives) of an imaginary space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment